Slack has made a virtue of “playing well with others” and integrates with other apps and services.
What is it
Slack is a collaborative cloud-based team communications software/app.
It replaces emails for teams; much more efficient and effective than email.
- Far more efficient
- Tracking stuff in email is difficult especially when there is no subject line or someone has added an unrelated comment in an email thread.
- Everything is in channels or direct message for private conversations
- So an organization may have a web development team, a design team, or sales team and each team has their own channels
- You can text, phone call, video chat and screen share all in one app
- Also, upload images, and share files
It replaces email as your primary method of communication within organisations
Within Slack, you can text, phone, video chat, screenshare, swap files, share images – and find anything very quickly and easily.
It’s available on all devices
It’s all organised into channels (or projects) and private direct messages – so you can talk to your whole team or just to a single person privately.
Plus slack integrates with a host of other apps/software so you can manage your entire workflow through one platform.
The most efficient team communication app